This is a free sail for teachers.
Friday 16th August at 2.30pm from Auckland Viaduct Harbour.
The NZ Sailing Trust was established with a vision of creating opportunities for New Zealanders to share a unique maritime experience on Sir Peter Blake’s iconic Whitbread Round the World Yachts. We offer schools multi day trips around the the Hauraki Gulf.
We are offering teacher sailing days for those that would like to experience our vessels that we use for schools programmes. 80% of our business is giving young people the opportunity to sail these legendary boats. Our trips have a focus on learning about the history of the boats, how they are sailed, the environment and a positive outcome is the students enhanced wellbeing.
The vessels we have are a great platform for the purposes of:
· Leadership programmes or prefect induction courses
· Boating Education NZ certificates such as Dayskippers or Boatmasters certificate
· Experience for International students
· Special needs or Wellbeing programmes,
· Cross Curricular programmes
· Environmental Leadership Programme
· We are looking to offer Keelboat Sailing achievement standards (AS2.4), the sailing rubrics will be moderated later this month
Experience the boats and see for yourself what we offer. Meet the crew and find out how NZ Sailing Trust can offer your school a unique programme for your students.
To confirm your place or for further information email email@example.com